Sunday, August 9, 2015

Scrapbook Circle August pages

Hello! Now that August is underway, I wanted to share the pages I made for Scrapbook Circle using their kit Make it Happen. I loved the bright colors in the main kit, and I especially loved the two add-ons Sweet Details and You Shine, which helped give some wonderful embellishments that meshed perfectly with the main kit.

And here are the pages I made:


First is a page I made about my sons' favorite exhibit at the Landscape Arboretum: the maze. I used a few smaller pictures plus a big one of them at the maze. I used the Fancy Pants alpha in the main kit as the central feature--and I spelled it that way on purpose. :-) Here's some details:


I used asterisks as hyphens, and set them on dimensional stickers to make them stand out. For similar reasons I outlined the letters.



The boys were hard to see in their photos, so I stitched circles around them.


Next was a page I scrapped on a 12x12 photo:


I particularly loved the Elle's Studio die cuts from You Shine and the Crate Paper stickers from Sweet Details on this page. Here's some details:



Next is possibly my favorite page:


I had several photo strips of my son and I, and I also had some notes he had made for me for Mother's Day. They were too big to put in full on the page, so I used my favorite photos from the photo strips and handwrote his notes on the page. Here's some details:




Finally, I got inspiration from the Poolside words "ice cream" from the You Shine add-on and the Studio Calico Seven paper in the main kit. The angle made me think to lay the photos on an angle too. I added the pink paper at the top because it reminded me of an ice cream parlor.


And here's some details:



The Elle's Studio tags from the You Shine add-on were perfect for this page.


Thank you for checking out my pages! This kit was so much fun to play with in the summertime. I have another page I made that I will share later this month.

No comments: