I've actually accomplished quite a bit--I organized the garage, taped and speckled some wall holes in the house, and begun harvesting the garden and cooking (marinara, anyone?). Now here's a list of some of my scrapbooking projects I had to tackle:
Finish creating the boys' 5th and 6th grade school album pages
- Edit and print photos from Custer S.P. (2011)
Create mini albums with thank you cards from school
- Finish the Disney album (2010)
Update the Easter mini-album
- Complete the iScrap class/album
- Complete the Get Messy class/album
- Ask Derick to finish journaling his London album
- Complete 5 Vacation Faves (2015)
- Create cards for my Dad
- Rowan school album photos: 3rd, 5th, and 6th; class photo 4th and 6th
- Dominic school album photos: 2nd, 4th, and 5th;class photo 3rd and 5th
I'm on my way, as you can see. I completed three things on the list, and I'm within a day or two of finishing 3 more. As a motivational push for me, I am going to share my projects as I finish them. First, the mini albums: I had to clean out my office desk last spring at school since the area was being turned into new classrooms. I found 17 years of thank you notes in the desk and decided to make them into mini albums to keep them more solidly. Here they are:
These first two mini albums include thank you notes given out for teacher's appreciation day. Students send them to teachers they want, so I kept the ones that were the most specific. Because they were the same size, they were easy to scrap I used some older Jillibean Soup kraft file folders to house them. For color, I lined the inside with some bright patterned paper (I dug into my scrap piles for them) and used a bunch of bright, non school accents.
Next are some actual cards.They were irregularly shaped, so a little more difficult to fit in mini albums. Here's what I did:
For these mini albums I did dig into my school themed Iris container for products. I pulled chipboard mini album covers from a 7gypsies mini album for the one on the left, covered it with paper using my 5-inch Xyron, and embellished the cover. The cards are not bound in there, by the way: the ribbon is holding it altogether.
On the right I wanted to use the Report card paper for the covers, so I trimmed some spare cardboard to fit, used the Xyron again to adhere, decorated and tied together with the ribbon like I did with the last album.
Finally, I needed something bigger for the actual letters and printed-emails I've collected through the years, so I used an actual manila folder:
Again, I lined the inside with patterned paper scraps, and for the outside, I dug into the school themed Iris container to finish decorating it. (Note: once I got to this point, I realized I had used basically the same design on each mini album. Different products, but same design. Huh.) Like I did with my first two mini-albums, I used a binder clip to close this. Easy-peasy!
Thank you for letting me share some of my projects! I'll share more this month as I complete them. I doubt I'll finish it all, but boy, will it feel good to empty out more project containers that I've been storing the half finished projects!