Monday, February 24, 2014

Reusing designs

Sometimes I reuse designs. There, I said it. I know we put pressure on ourselves to create something brand new every time, but sometimes, it's easier to reuse designs that have worked before.case in point: Instagram vacation:

A couple years ago I printed lots of Instagram photos after our vacation to Maine and put them on a layout. Here it is:


This past summer I did the same. I thought of trying something new, but I liked the design and decided to use it again.All the photos on a strip at the top, some embellishments to the left, big title. Here's my new version:




Same thing. I did the journaling differently, and I had one fewer embellishment cluster, but basically the same. I used Fancy Pants Designs Happy-go-lucky for this page, a collection that looked terrific with photos from Glacier National Park. I might, in fact, make this design a tradition. I love Instagraming our vacations, so it makes sense to use those photos on a two-page spread.

How about you? Do you recycle designs? And how do you feel about doing it if you do?

No comments: