Monday, February 17, 2014

Inspired by a hellacious winter

I spent a terrific weekend in Northern Minnesota scrapbooking with girlfriends, but Saturday I was absolutely chilled to the bone the whole day. The house was well heated, mind you, but after spending a couple hours in a chilly car and bringing my scrap supplies in several trips, I could not get warm. So I scrapped this page as an homage to warm weather, which I can vaguely remember:



I love this photo, so I had it printed large, but I had no particular reason to scrap it until I decided to record my affection for summer. I didn't want to embellish it much, so I cut triangles from some We R Memory Keepers paper and adhered them around the page. I used Studio Calico's January kit for this layout.

I have to share that I'm a little glum today; my mom is trying to come out for my son's birthday, but her flight from Maine was delayed several days due to East coast snow, and then she made it to Chicago only to have her flight cancelled. (Somehow, they managed to send her luggage to Minneapolis, however. Go figure.) Now she's trying to make it out of Chicago today, but with all the snow, it's not looking good. This is a day where I need to keep summer in my heart, and I'm glad to immerse myself in warm photos and warm memories while playing the waiting game.


1 comment:

Sandra said...

And by the time she gets here your day off will be over and you will have to go back to work. :(

Turn the heat up high today and put your swimsuit on. ;)