Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Warm colors during the Polar Vortex

It is seriously cold in Minnesota. COLD. When I got home from my weekend crop Sunday night, I unloaded the car in -14F temps. After 10 minutes, my legs were on fire. Monday was colder, -23F when I woke up, wind chill 20 degrees colder. It was so cold that the governor cancelled school, and our superintendent cancelled school Tuesday as well. After the cold that permeates the bones, I feel the need to share warm-colored pages.

Here's a page I made recently about my sons' butterfly fair in November:


I used Fancy Pants Designs Be Loved line. Yes, it is a Valentine's line, but I refuse to use Valentine's products that are not usable on any other layout. This line, with its greys and yellows, is perfect for many occasions, including butterfly fairs. Here's the details:


I cut the title with my Cameo, outlined it with a fine-tipped pen, stitched it down, and curled up the edges.


Since I had some space in the lower right, I layered a frame, a tag, stickers, buttons, and die cuts for an accent.


I used butterfly punches to punch two layers, a fancy layer and a plain one. I then adhered them by stitching through the butterfly center, creating some movement across the page.

Thank you for checking out my page! I hope the colors keep you warm until the Vortex returns to its proper place at the Pole. Check back later this week; I'll be sharing some pages I finished at the end of last year but never got a chance to post.

1 comment:

Megan D said...

Happy Cold Days from the Wisconsin teacher! We ended up at home today because the buses are not running. Happy extra scrappy day!