Sunday, November 3, 2013

My first layouts for Simple Scrapper

I have some exciting news: I am now a design team member for the wonderful scrapbooking site Simple Scrapper! I completed my first pages for the November gallery using sketches and a story starter. I had such fun making these pages, and I found the sketches and prompts truly inspirational. Here's the pages:


A page about my foot trials this year. Since June, I've suffered from plantar fasciitis and had to give up running. I still hurt, so scrapbooking about it made me feel a lot better getting it all out. And spending this whole weekend at a scrap retreat made my foot feel a lot better too! I'm trying jogging again this week. Turkey Day 5K, I've got my eye on you. (Note: the Haflinger tag fell off my shoes, so I put it on the page. Commemorating the most money I've spent on shoes in my life. But it helped, I admit grudgingly.)

Here's my next page:


I turned the sketch into a two-pager to celebrate the apple orchard we went to; I had a lot of photos, more than I could fit on one page. I used a lot of older papers for this page, one of which is Scenic Route, I believe. (Remember them? Sigh. They were terrific.) Here's some close ups:


I love randomly stitched photo frames.


I used this embellishment cluster to cover up a little kid on top of the haystack. Plus to balance the page. Here's page 1:


And page 2:


Thank you for checking out my pages! And please go check out Simple Scrapper and see all that this wonderful site has to offer to help you make meaningful pages and simplify your scrapbooking process. It's a terrific community.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Your boys are no longer little. They strike big kid poses.

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

I am not a feet lover, but your layout is really nice!! :)

Isbaha said...

I've just discovered your blog and really really love it, especially your double pager, and I'm now following you, thanks for the inspiration !