Monday, September 16, 2013

Starting with sketches

One assignment I had last month for Fancy Pants Designs was creating a layout based on a sketch. It went up on the blog last week, so I thought I'd share what I made! Here's the sketch:


My very first sketch I've ever made! And here is the page I made from it, one of my favorites of late:


I had these two photos of my sons from the first and last days of school. I hadn't done anything with them, so I put them together on a page and reminisced about the year. This might be a good strategy if you have old school photos to go back to. I used Fancy Pants Designs' Memories Captured Line plus some Fancy Pants Designs' cork stars. Memories Captured is one of my favorite lines of late. So versatile!

Here's some details:



I loved clustering the embellishments to frame the photos, and I tried something new and stitched the journaling lines after I'd journaled.

Then I did a card with the same sketch!


I used Memories Captured with the card as well. The thank you circles I cut out of patterned paper called "Cards." Again, fun to embellish in the white space.

Thank you! for checking out my first sketch and the projects I made with it. Please feel free to use it as inspiration, and happy scrapping!

No comments: