Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Making a one-page layout from a two-page sketch

The other day I shared some projects I made with my first ever original sketch. Today's project is also from a sketch, this time by one of the masters of sketching, Allison Davis! You can find the sketch that inspired me here.

Here's what I made:


The banners made me think of baseball, so I pulled some photos I had of a rained out game we attended this year, our first sort-of rain-out. The original sketch was for a two-page layout. I didn't have enough photos or photos of the right orientation for two pages, so I adjusted it to two. To do so, I trimmed the 4x6 photos a bit and trimmed the 2.5x2.5 square photos so they would stack vertically.

And then the details:

  
I used Studio Calico's September kit for this page. The bright colors contrast nicely with the rainy day photos. Stars and circles also remind me of baseball, so the embellishments were a good match.
  
Thank you for checking out the page I made from the sketch! I hope you can see how versatile the sketch can be, even if you don't have the exact sized photos as the sketch.

6 comments:

Linda E said...

What a fabulous layout, Jennifer!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

what a wonderful layout! love all the little details you added..

Katrina Hunt said...

Jennifer, such a great one page out of a two page sketch!!!! So happy you are playing along! Hugs, Katrina

Nancy M in NJ said...

Very creative, making 1 page. Nice work :)

Allison Davis said...

What a wonderful layout!! I love all the little details!!

Tasha said...

Awesome take on the sketch! Love it!