Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's the journey

My parents do not live in the same state as I do. Ironically, I live in the state they grew up in (Minnesota) and they live in the state I grew up in (Maine). As a result, I do not get to see them often, which makes each visit that much sweeter.

My mom last visited in February, and while here she visited with a family friend, Sue. I took this wonderful photo of the two of them together and made this page for my mom as a Mother's Day gift.

Here's what I did:


I mostly used Fancy Pants Design Trendsetter collection for this page. I pulled lots of bits from different embellishments to layer--brag pad sheets, frames, tags, sticker strips, and patterned paper. Love layering!

And the details:


I used an Artist Edition die cut as a misting template. I had intended to use it as an accent but like it so much I turned it into the title. The Studio Calico Mister Huey in Seafoam is the perfect match for Trendsetter!


Stitching just one layer of paper added a nice accent to the layers underneath the photo.


I slightly offset the two punched borders for some visual interest. It's easy to do that when the paper is less than 12 inches; 12 inch strips will leave a gap when doing that. I have, though, left a gap before with 12 inch strips of punched paperm filly in the gap with a layered accent. I hope that makes sense!

Thank you for sharing my page! Tell me, do you live close to your family or far away? What sort of journeys do you take to visit people?

No comments: