Friday, May 31, 2013

Getting ready for Father's Day

This is a busy time of year for me. I teach high school English, so right now I work hard to finish my grading. In addition, I work to help my boys finish their years. Still Father's Day approaches, so I must prepare. This year my husband helped me: he bought a Traeger grill and told me it was his present. Still, I must make him a card.

Here's what I made:


Supplies: Fancy Pants Designs Swagger Humorous, Success, Swagger Strips, Clever, Button Set, Label Stickers, Ephemera Set, Sticker Fundamentals, Kraft Corrugated Sheet

I started with the strips, which had the dapper man in the suit. I then paired patterned paper and  pulled out the corrugated paper, punched a scalloped circle, and added more dapper man in a suit. I loved it. I set him on a stitched sticker, stuck a button on it, then added a jaunty title, perfect for my husband, who will be smoking ribs this week on his Traeger.

Thank you for sharing my early Father's Day card! Enjoy early June. May it be warmer and drier than it is here.

No comments: