Sunday, May 26, 2013

Geek girl scrapbooking

This past year I decided to just own up to how much of a geek I am. I love space movies, comic book heroes, and supernatural thrillers. I love Star Wars, Star Trek, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Avengers, and Supernatural, among others. My license plate says DETH STR. My avatar is Buffy fan or Buffyfanlarson. I am a geek, and with that I'm OK.

Here's two pages I made recently celebrating the geekiness in our house:



 

This two page layout I thought of when I got new plates for my car. They still say DETH STR, but we have kept all the old plates from our past spaceships automobiles. Seeing them lined up made me think to take photos of all other Star Wars gear in our house and make a page. (Well, not ALL the Star Wars stuff, but some.)

Here's some details:


On the details above you can see how I stamped and embossed a line of triangles, then painted inside some, just for a little color.

  

More paint, this time with old chipboard letters.

 

I also made this page recently:


I got the idea for this page from a pin on Pinterest. I could never find the sign to buy--it always linked back to Tumblr--so I used the sign as the journaling for this page.

  

I had a lot of fun mixing patterns and colors from the Studio Calico kit I used--February, maybe?--and loved how perfect the background paper looked with this theme. And the Pantone color of the year--emerald green--is perfect for the page, especially matched with the orange and red.

More details:

  

  

 

I made the title with my Cameo, as I did with the last page. I liked layering two different colors for a little more depth in the title.

Thank you for sharing my geekiness with me. Tell me: are you as much of a geek as I am? :-)


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh Jen, these are fabulous!!! I love the story about the license plates. :) We love Star Wars here, not quite to the extent of you all. But it is watched often at our house, mainly the orig. 3 movies. My sweet boy, Benjamin, LOVES Star Wars (I have my very own Ben Kenobi ;) ). I wish I could get a hold of some of the orig. figurines from the 70's as I think they were the best. :) http://momma-paparazzi.blogspot.com/2013/04/obi-won-kenobi.html