Thursday, November 22, 2012

Past galleries

The joy of being an English teacher is having the privilege of seeing young writers develop and become the stylists they are destined to be. It's also time consuming: I read my AP students' essays three times before grading it, and I read my regular students' twice. And that has been my November.

So it is with crimson cheeks that I post the rest of my beloved pages from my Elle's Studio and Write Click Scrapbook galleries this month. (I did post my favorite here.) Here they are:


This was my page at WCS, showing off my favorite colors, which are bright! Especially yellow. I think yellow gets a bum rap. When people are yellow, it's considered negative, and yellow in winter makes people think of dirty snow. Still, it is such a happy color, how can you not love it?

I used some Elle's Studio summer tags on the page, since that was the theme. Here's the details:





This page I did for Elle's Studio. I  wanted to record my solo 5K run at Autumn Woods Classic at Elm Creek. It's a tough course, but I did it in my best time ever, with some colleagues from work cheering me on, because they finished before me (heh). I used a horizontal 8x12 photo as sort of a backdrop and overlapped some iPhone photos, plus tags. Truthfully, there's not too many ways to design a page around am 8x12 photo, so this probably looks like all the other ones I've made. I still love it!


Here's some details:


Note: when I die cut a title, I usually do it twice in two different colors and slightly overlap them for some depth. You can see that I did that in the closeup abover.


Finally, I used a lot of Thankful tags to make a thankful card. I have so much to be thankful for, why not say it several times!


Thanks for cruising through my gallery (very late!) from this past month; I'll probably post later this week some of my cross-stitched projects from around the house, since that's what I'm sharing a bit of at Write Click Scrapbook this week.

No comments: