Sunday, November 20, 2011

Where do you get your inspiration?

Like most scrapbookers, I get most of my inspiration from the stories I want to tell and the photos I print to accompany them. I know there are other sources of inspiration; I just don't use them as much. I also get inspired by sketches, Pinterest, and occasionally by product, like here:

I had these photo strip stickers from K & Company for a while, but I didn't know what I wanted to use them for until I found some random photos my husband took of me and my boys around Christmas last year. I printed them in the right size, but still, no full inspiration until I saw the stamp with my October Studio Calico kit: You Are Here. That made me think of a phrase to finish it off: and it is good. The page was born in full.

Rarely, though, life itself gives me a page before I even get a photo. Case in point: this fall.

My son is preparing for his black belt test in taekwondo. As part of that, he needs to run a 5K. God bless my son, but no way did I trust I could just tell him to run and expect him to. He's a little like that dog in Up: "Squirrel!" Since my son had to run, I had to run, and I brought along my other son too.

It's been tough. At first, they complained the whole two blocks we started. Then I thought to play music on my iPhone. We ran happily to Queen, and later Green Day, but mostly Queen. Fat Bottomed Girls is surprisingly a great song to run to.

Slowly, we increased the distance until we ran 2.3 miles a week ago. We ran again today, going 2.66 miles, though Dominic ran an extra big block and did the entire 5k (3.1 miles). WTG!

As proof for Rowan's black belt, we signed up to run the TD 5K in Minneapolis this Thanksgiving. We are very excited for our shirts and the hot cocoa or cider after. Plus we want to see a turkey run. You never know.

This is definitely an event I want to scrap, so I asked my husband to take our picture after we ran last week:

I plan on calling the page " A black belt, a 5K, and Queen."

I'll post the page after I make it.

2 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

WHAT a story!!!! I can't wait to see the layout about your 5k run! totally inspiring!!!!

alisonm said...

They look hardly winded, you on the other hand....LOL!
Good for you all!! and good luck!