Monday, May 10, 2010

Post Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was fun, cold, and interesting. My boys were unexcited by the meals I made Saturday, so I told them, "You're not being nice to me, and it's Mother's Day weekend. Shame on you." Dominic's answers? "Tomorrow's Mother's Day, so I'll be nice to you then." Nice.

Here's my layout for today. I used this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch to create this layout with pictures from last November:

I used October afternoon, mostly the Fly a Kite line. I was also pleasantly surprised to see how well these Sassafras blossoms went with that line. I did a little stitching too, and rather than buying more Thickers to make up for my lack of O, I used buttons.

Fun page.

6 comments:

Damaris said...

love the LO - it looks fantastic! i really like the buttons :)

lisa said...

Such a great LO. Great use of those October Afternoon papers. Love it!!
Thanks for playing x

Diana said...

I could have sworn I wrote a long comment all about how much I like this LO. Anyway, I scraplifted it for today's LOAD challenge, THAT'S how much I like it! http://wickysticket.blogspot.com/2010/05/inspiration-matters-load-day-11.html

Diana Fisher said...

Great page!!! I just love what you did with the sketch! Perfect!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooooooooooooo cute!! loveeeeeeeeeeee the buttons for the "O's" :):):) Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with SKETCHY THURSDAYS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

alexandra s.m. said...

Another great one Jenny!
TFS!
xox