Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Scrapping through the rough

The start of school for the kids has been OK. Rowan is getting back into the routine of work, and is getting some minor warnings about disruptions, but he is working and learning and enjoying school.

Dominic is enjoying school too, but more and more we are getting notes home from Kidstop, his after school program...not listening...not keeping his hands to himself...screaming when he doesn't get his way. It's disheartening to get a note every day. I know his autism makes it hard for him to see beyond what he's feeling and think about something other than what he's thinking, but I don't know how to make it better or easier. I know he's getting used to a new routine, and he needs to keep learning the same lessons until he learns it, but it's still hard, for Kidstop, for him, and for me and Derick.

To deal, I give him hugs (he got lots today) and put my love on paper.
This is Dominic at 5. These details make me think that it will all work out and get easier, for everyone.

On a happier note, he lost his second tooth today. For real, he almost lost it completely in the car, but we got it in the pillow for the tooth fairy safe and sound.

1 comment:

alexandra s.m. said...

I feel your pain! Your page is beautiful! Love that pale blue there!!
xox