Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Scrapbooking the same event in a new way

Many of the pages I make involve my family attending an event we got to every year. I struggle at times with the design--should I try to make it different or not? Most of the time I keep some things the same and switch the rest up. Here's an example of a page I made about our family attending the State Fair:


I always take a ton of photos at the state fair. I am sort of amazed I got it cut to 7 photos. The same: the big photo of the swing ride that I always take and I usually enlarge and highlight the boys in some way. 

For this layout, I used the January Studio Calico kit. I liked the combo of bright and delicate elements, which I thought would work well for this subject.



Here's some details, starting with the stitched circle of the boys:


I clustered a bunch of tags and stickers, layering them with dimensional stickers for greater interest.


Throughout I also added some sequins from my stash. I liked how they sort of look like candy sprinkles, the kind you will find at the fair.


So in scrapbooking the same event, don't shy away from doing it the same way. Keep your favorite design elements from previous pages, and feel free to adopt what you need to fit the design. And don't be afraid of scrapbooking just a few photos!

1 comment:

Tracy B said...

I love your layouts! I especially love how you did stitching on the large photos:)