Monday, August 21, 2017

September pages for Simple Scrapper: Journeys

September's sketches/templates and story starters for Simple Scrapper are incredibly inspiring. Here's what I made:


The sketches in particular were particularly inspirational. I chose this one to make a page for my son's album of his favorite memories from our trip to Hawaii. He picked the photos and created the list. The die cuts and embellishments I chose from the file folders that I had created for my die cuts at the start of the summer. Woot!



The title of Heidi Swapp acrylic letters I used my tiny attacher to staple down. Now, I don't have a long-reach tiny attacher, though I would if it existed. Instead, I punch holes 1/4" apart--the size of the staples--inserted the staples by and and closed them. I won't tell you the number of times I poked my fingers doing this.


Next was the page I made with September's story starter. The theme is Journeys, so I scrapped about the states I've been to in the United States.




Right away I thought of the Studio Calico United States die cuts I've been hoarding in my stash. I've been hoarding them because I didn't want to split it apart. I felt like it was meant to be used as one. I mean, beg my forgiveness, Colorado, but you are a square. So, I decided this would be the heart of my page.

I used the tags to do my journaling. Seriously, I debated for a long time about adding photos to this page, but ultimately decided not to. I like the drama of the map. Here's some details:


I used a DCWV 12x24 piece of corrugated yardstick for the background. To make everything stick, I used glue or glue dots.


Thank you for stopping by! Again, a reminder to visit Simple Scrapper. They have truly inspirational classes, sketches/templates, story starters, and a monthly magazine to help inspire you.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I just love your United States Journey layout! I think that it's just perfect without photos. I have a question for you about the states die cuts. Did they come that way or were they blank shapes that you covered with different papers?

Jennifer Larson said...

Thank you for commenting, Julie, and I am sorry for getting back to you so late! I bought them through Studio Calico; They came printed this size. If you search the internet, you may still find them for sale. If not, you can find a state Dingbat font and print them with a Silhouette.