Saturday, February 21, 2015

Layouts that are a struggle to complete

I have mentioned before that the final layouts in a kit are my weakest. Lately I've been more satisfied, mainly because I don't force products and dig into my stash. This page has been giving me trouble, though:


I decided to use the misted paper because it matched and I had rejected it for another page. To add more variety, I used the patterned paper and tape on the right. I tend to line photos up so I decided to stack them with some Project Life cards instead, embellishing around as I did. I was dissatisfied, though, so I decided to switch out the paper on the right for some brighter orange:


I like this better, so I'm putting it aside. I don't like redoing whole pages, so I probably won't do that, but my fear is that the misted paper may be the problem. I might need to replace it with a solid. Sigh. I need time to think about it.

I almost never redo pages, but I've written before about doing so with stories I love but pages I hate. No shame.

Thank you for letting me share a page that I am not satisfied with. I wouldn't say it's a fail, but I'm wrestling with it. If I decide to do something more with it, I'll let you know.

No comments: