Saturday, July 26, 2014

Scrapbook Circle August reveal

August is my first month on the design team for Scrapbook Circle. I am thrilled to share (most of) my first pages with you today.

Here they are, with a few words about them:




I went a little crazy with big photos this month. I have done a page about camping lessons before, so I made this page with my new lessons from this year's trip to Itasca. I love the map paper as the backdrop and the bright colors put directly on the photo. This first page uses mostly products from the main kit, plus some embellishments from embellishment add-on #1 Tiki Torch (wood sequins, journaling card, and Choose Happy sticker) and a wee bit from add-on #2 Bungalow (the yellow circle and the tiny strips of patterned paper framing the big photo, which I trimmed from the 6x6 pad). I'll talk more about making this layout later in August on the Scrapbook Circle blog.




Another big photo, a quintessential shot of summer. When I took this photo I knew I wanted to enlarge it. I love the way the blues and the browns in the cork highlighted the photo. And design note: when I was trimming the "Away We Go!" card, I accidentally scraped some color off, so I then distressed the rest of the card. It's not a mistake, it's an unplanned opportunity for additional creativity. 

Almost all of this one comes from the main kit, except the Epic sticker (Bungalow) and the wood sequins (Tiki Torch) both of which I used to add some circle to an otherwise linear page.




I had a lot of fun with this page. I wanted it to be bright and fun, and the main kit was perfect for that. I again added my favorite embellishment from the Tiki Torch add-on, the wood sequins (think of them as parade confetti) and a few journaling cards, and a circle sticker from the Bungalow add-on.





This one was divine to make. Another big photo: I love scrapbooking on white space, whether it's a big or small photo. I hand cut a lot of elements here and again added my favorite wood sequins from add-on #1 Tiki Torch (get Tiki Torch!), and I mainly used the papers from the 6x6 pad in add-on #2 Bungalow. Sometimes I have trouble cutting a little bit from a 12x12 piece of paper, but it's much easier to paper-piece together a swirl from a 6x6 pad of paper.

Thank you for coming to view my pages! Please visit Scrapbook Circle to see the delicious kit when it goes live for sale August 1st.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

These are all so cool!! That last one, I really love the waves you cut. So perfect. I love how you use big photos. You are so good at making pages with them.

Megan D said...

Another wonderful bunch of pages! They are all so beautiful.