Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sometimes it takes two pages

I remember taking a free scrapbooking class at Archiver's (RIP) to get started years ago. I was making a page about a family trip to Glacier N.P., and I wondered if I should make one or two pages, and the woman beside me told me, "Make a two-page layout. You can fit more." and so I did. Here's the page for a chuckle:


So much about this is a product of the age: I matted every photo, I deckle edged the journaling, I die cut mountains and layered stickers over them. Still, I think it's a nice page, one that accomplished its goal: telling the story while fitting many photos in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Here's a couple layouts I made recently that accomplished the same goal, both using my March Studio Calico kit:







The first is a layout recording my spring break trips to the Art and Science museums over spring break. I took a LOT of photos, so I knew I wanted to put a lot on. I like putting a lot on one page and a few, plus focal point photo, on the other. That's what I did here.

The next is a little more spare:

 





This one I did an old favorite: I hand cut some banners out of patterned paper. Banners remind me of pennants, which remind me of baseball. :-)  I spent a lot of time think about die cutting an envelope for a ticket, but then I found some pockets in my stash, so serendipity, plus less effort.

Thanks for checking out this very long post about scrapping two pages! How often do you scrap two pages?

No comments: