Sunday, June 8, 2014

Scrapping the eldest

I've just gotten back from a weekend scrapping with my girlfriends. I got a LOT done, starting my son's school album, almost finishing my favorite photos album, and finishing off two kits. I'll post those as I finish up this week.

Here's two pages I finished in my last week of school last week, both about my eldest:




This first one was tricky. A little over a month ago I took a photo of him in one of our last snowstorms of the year. I loved the photo, and since my son loves the currents, I asked him to list his currents to me. And then I scrapped it when it was 70 degrees F and sunny. Once I got past the cognitive dissonance of naming the page Rowan Right Now, I loved it. I used my March Studio Calico kit, adding more color than the photo shows.

Here's another page I used with this kit:




Before I made this page, Rowan told me one of his favorite colors was blue. I asked what kind of clue, and he looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Just a regular blue!" So I made the dominant color a regular blue.

I had planned on making this page about the recital, but it was his second, and I'd already scrapped the novelty of a recital for him, so I was more inspired to scrap about how playing fits into his personality. For whimsy, I cut the papers at an angle and added sequins. I curled the paper to add texture.

Just in case you're curious: the letters are acetate, so to adhere them, I add a wee bit of adhesive in the middle, then stitch them down. That feels the most secure to me.

I'll share some of my projects that I completed this weekend as the week goes on!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

These are great, Jen! It will be fun to look back on Rowan's lists when he is older. Ben is just getting into Minecraft and is still LOVING his legos and Star Wars. Every Lego set has to be a Star Wars one. We finally made it to the MOA Lego store for one of their monthly builds.