Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Life in Pie

The June gallery is up at Write Click Scrapbook! Our task was to take inspiration from WCS this past year. I was inspired by this pie chart layout by Cristina C. Scrap:


I gave sticky notes to everyone in the family and asked them to draw a circle and make a pie chart of what's important to them. I then took photos, cut them into circles (pi, you know), and made this page:


I used May's Studio Calico kit Camelot. I love the combo of peach and yellow. The pie charts on the sticky notes were too big, so I punched circles and divided them to reflect the charts already made and asked the family to relabel them. I would STRONGLY recommend doing this project. It was so much fun! Some interesting details about this process:

  1. My older boy was the only one to not have family on the original chart. When I sked them to rewrite them for the layout, he changed "biking" to "family." Phew!
  2. Because my older boy's handwriting is interesting, we thought "biking" said "bikinis."
  3. Neither my husband nor I had "work" on our charts. truly, I love my job!
  4. None of us had God on our charts, but my younger boy decided that God was the crust. Good point!

So this is my page for June's Write Click Scrapbook gallery!  There are amazing pages, as always, and the blog now has a new design, just in time for summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the idea of giving your familiy the chance to take part at your crafting, and the result is fabulous!

Lilith