Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Appreciating the everyday

Sometimes I get stuck scrapping big events, particularly trips we go on or big events like concerts or recitals. Still, most of my life is made up of the mundane, so I try to take the opportunity periodically to scrap the everyday. Here's a recent page:


I used a July story starter and sketch from Simple Scrapper to scrapbook my commute, which is blessedly short. It' a positive page, so I used happy colors on a white background to make the colors sing.  Most of these products came from my June Studio Calico kit, though I dug into stash to fill in the blanks.

And here are some details:


I decided to curl the edges of the papers to add some texture and extra color. I stamped and stitched to add some more texture and color as well.


See the blue smudge on the 1? That's an accident from when I stamped the word LOVE. When I saw it, I cursed silently then did the same to each number, pretending I did it on purpose. Heh.


I love the word bubble stamp--I cut it out and adhered it with dimensional stickers. *Note* I wrote the wrong time on the journaling--I actually end of leaving at 6:40 because my boys are slow. I'm going to write the correct time on another piece of paper and glue it over the wrong time, which I time I always shoot for.

Thank you for checking out my page! How often do you scrapbook the everyday? Do you like to scrap the everyday? Share!

2 comments:

blupixy said...

Love your layout! So bright and colorful! Love the stitching. Such a great touch!

Lisa Timme said...

Great idea! It's easy to forget to document our daily routines and I doubt we will remember them years from now. It will be interesting to see how they change in the future.
Love this idea and layout!