Monday, March 24, 2014

Running in circles

I love circles. When I get bored with scrapping and feel like I'm making the same page again and again, I cut things into circles. Here's my latest circle page:


I used Simple Scrapper's April sketch for this. I took inspiration from the sketch to use a few circle photos and embellish with patterned paper circles.  Here's the details:




It might be hard to tell, but my journaling is circular too. I used these photos because they show me and my brother at my grandparents' lake house when we were young. I wasn't sure what I wanted to say about these photos, but I used a Simple Scrapper story starter to help my ideas gel. If you read the journaling, you'll notice I start with the details from the early photos and draw them into my life now. As an English teacher, I think of that as coming full circle: detailing the original story and circling to now and why they are still important to me.

I hope that gives you ideas for how to scrap older photos, especially if you don't remember many of the early details!

2 comments:

blupixy said...

Really love the use of circles on this layout! Thanks for sharing!

blupixy said...

Really love the use of circles on this layout! Thanks for sharing!