Thursday, December 26, 2013

Scrapbooking gifts

My parent are at a point in their lives where they don't really want presents. Instead, I gave them a scrapbook and send them pages on major holidays. Here's the page I gave them for Christmas, using Fancy Pants Designs Happy Go Lucky:



This was a photo from a fishing trip my boys and I took with my dad, his best friend from childhood, and his grandson. The boys hit it off so well, I scrapped this photo, my favorite from the trip. (I plan on scrapping many photos on a two page layout for my family album later.) Here's some details:


I outlined the word "FISH," stitched through the title, and curled up the edges for some texture.


I added die cuts as a border to the photo block and stitched through them, again for dimension.

Here's my next project, a wall hanging I made for my sister-in-law with photos from our vacation last summer. Again, I used Happy Go Lucky with this project; the fact that the collection matches the paint on my wall is purely coincidental. :-)


This wood plank wall hanging I got at Archiver's; they seem to have sold out, so I couldn't figure out the name of the product when I went back to check. I used my Xyron to adhere the paper to the wood, then added the photos with dimensional stickers so I could add the clothes pins without bending the photos. Here's some details:


The corrugated paper is good for punching out shapes to add some contrast to an otherwise monochromatic embellishment cluster.


I used a stencil to outline the letters, then painted them in with Claudine Hellmuth acrylic paint in Traditional Tan.


Thank you for checking out my pages! I hope this gives you ideas for scrapbooking gifts for the people you love who are hard to buy for.

No comments: