Monday, December 2, 2013

Inspired by sketches

The pages I made this month for Simple Scrapper used sketches and a story prompt to tell stories from my past and my son's present. Here's the results:


This page, which I made with a recent Studio Calico kit,  is one of my 100 moments. I tend to do those pages in a certain way--kraft paper, hand stitched border. I broke both of those rules to make this page. I like the result, though I wish I'd gone with kraft. It's more delicately colored than a lake page is typically, but the page is about me, and I'm a girl, so there it is. Here's some details:




The next page I made for my son with his new hobby basketball:


I used an old Studio Calico kit for this--remember Yearbook?--and added few embellishments, different from my normal MO. Here's some details:



It was a little difficult to make the page on a slant. I scrap with paper, and 12x12 paper won't stretch across a page diagonally. Here's my solution:



I cut the paper 12z12, then trimmed a gap around where the photos would go. I made sure to fill the space when I added the photos.

Thank you for looking at my pages! Be sure to check out Simple Scrapper for additional inspiration.

No comments: