Sunday, September 29, 2013

Scrapping two random photos

I just finished a week where I had to write comments on about 100 papers in about 4 days. I didn't scrap much this week. :-) Once the weekend came, I finished some pages I'd started a week ago. One page in particular has become one of my favorites. (Isn't that always the case--whatever I just finish becomes my new favorite, LOL!)

In the Big Picture Classes class The Art + Science of Scrapbooking, a right brained challenge was pretty intriguing: pick a recent photo, rearrange the numbers randomly, then pick a photo on that date to pair with the first and inspire a unique story. Here's what I did:


The recent photo is one of my favorites: my boys in the same chair at the library, reading the same book. *sigh* The photo I found was my son "reading" the Sunday paper circulars a few months left before he would become an older brother. And my story was born. I used Fancy Pants Designs Collecting Moments for the page, mainly because of all the time and number related products. Here's the details:


I selected stickers and flair with phrases that seemed to fit the story.


I double cut the title in two colors, layered them on top of one another, stitched the center, then curled up the top and bottom. I got that idea from Celine Navarro.


If you look to the right, you can see I punched the chalk tape into a scallop border. It's not hard to do if you are careful to line it up right.

Thank you for checking into my page! The inspiration behind it was pretty unusual for me. Have you ever done anything like it to create a page?

No comments: