Wednesday, August 28, 2013

How many mustaches can you put on a page?

Trends are funny. Some are super popular, others not so much, and others have a mixed recepetion. I think mustaches fall in the latter. If you have a reason for using them, you love them. If not, you may not.

Me, I love mustaches. My husband has a beard, so I figured I could use them on a page. In addition, I found some old photos of my boys wearing fake mustaches that tied in nicely to a recent conversation they had about the mustaches they are growing (seriously! LOL), so I went to my stash (pun intended) and looked for every mustache product I owned.

I found about 10 mustaches. Which begs the question: how many mustaches can one put on a page?

This is when I remembered one of my favorite quotations: "A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

This quotation helped me so much. I regretfully but firmly returned 7 mustache products to my stash (pun intended, again) and made this page, one of my recent favorites:


I used Fancy Pants Designs Swagger line, one delightfully exuberant in facial hair. I trimmed the excess (sorry for the puns!) and kept only the stashes in the banner, the button, and the felt.

Here's the details:



I also used some chalk labels and cork shapes as well. They pair nicely with Swagger, even though they came out at different times.


That pocket stache is maybe my favorite.

Thank you for sharing my page! Tell me: have you ever used a mustache on a page? Will you? Or will you prefer that they be shaved from the supply stream?

4 comments:

Linda E said...

Fantastic page, Jennifer! It has just the right number of mustaches.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

So cute! Love the mix of texture, banner, and the FP line! Great photos!

Janet said...

So cute, Jen...you are a genius!

alisonm said...

I LOVE this!!!! So whimsical!