Sunday, December 23, 2012

Some non-holiday pages

Christmas is almost upon us, so before I shared some final holiday pages, I thought I'd share some recent, non-Christmas pages, sort of as an antidote for red and green. Here's the first:


This was for this month's Write Click Scrapbook gallery. I had to scrap some favorite photos, and I LOVED these two, mainly because I can see how much they are growing up in them. My boys have been going to the Lego Club for several years now, and I love how proud of their creations they are.

Design wise, I used Simple Stories' Sn@p! Collection. The bright colors matched the Lego pictures well. I also designed in a triangle: can you see how, if you split the page across the diagonal, the design fits into the left triangle? This is an easy way to set up a page. I do it quite often.

Here's a close up:


They get Lego Club stickers every time they go. They don't do anything with them, so I hold onto them, and this is the first time I used one. I de-acidified it, put it on cardstock, then raised it on pop dots.

This next one is with a bad photo. Now, I do not have a DSLR. I have a point and shoot and my phone, which is OK by me. Still, I get some special photos sometimes that are cruddy, but I scrap them anyway. Here it is:


I shouldn't have blown up the picture--the photo got a little muddy because I took it from a distance with my phone. Still, I had a story to tell, so I used it. I paired it with Studio Calico's November kit Sock Hop.

I added quite a bit of stuff to it, another thing I tend to do. I have Stash, so I use it, mainly by clustering in a visual triangle. I love embellishing! Here's the left side of the triangle:


I put it next to the focal photo and the start of the journaling. Next:
 
  

This one is at the end of the journaling. Finally:
 

This cluster is to the left and right of the title. When I cluster embellishments, that's where they go: title, journaling, focal photo. Easy peasy!

Thank you for reading my pages. How about you? Do you have things you tend to do design wise on each page? And how do you deal with bad photos? Do you scrap them anyway?

No comments: