Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer bucket list: checking it off

I made a page of our summer bucket list a few weeks ago; you can see it on the cover of Scrap Street Magazine this month.

After I made the page, I decided I wanted to check off our list along the way, so I made this mini album, mostly sans photos (click the images to see them larger):


The album is a chipboard mini from 7gypsies; it had many chipboard squares--I guess the entire album was supposed to be on the chipboard, but I am just using it for the covers and filling it with cardstock pages.

I painted the cover and cut the paper to fit (about 4x4), inking the edges in a contrasting color. I stamped a journaling spot on each page and used either rubons or stickers for the title on each page. As we accomplish each item on our list, I will print a photo (2.5x2.5) and adhere it to the page.


To embellish, I used a lot of leftover supplies I had, mostly American Crafts. Their bright colors work well for summer pages, I think.


So most of the album is blank right now, which is OK. And we may not accomplish everything on the list, which is OK too. Still a good memory for summer.

Do you have a summer bucket list? What do you wish to do? Will you record those memories in a mini album or in a layout? Please share, and if you haven't thought about a summer bucket list, there's still two months!

4 comments:

Diana Waite said...

what a super fun little book!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, its Jason Miller. How are you? Email me if you want to catch up. Its been too long. Jasonmiller0910@gmail.com

DanaMK said...

What a cool idea! I love it!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Neat idea....love the photos of the sleeping traveling boys! Cute!