Thursday, June 14, 2012

My first Scrap Review is up!

My first review at The Scrap Review is up today!

The collection I got to work with is the Bazzill Basics Beach House collection. I made three projects, two layouts and a card.

The first page was for its intended theme: the beach! I made a page with our summer bucket list, photo pun intended. I got the idea from this photo and a page I saw recently where a person made a summer bucket list. Might have been Jill Sprott? Here it is:


Here's some details:


 

You can see that the collection worked well for fussy cutting and didn't have colors that would overwhelm the photos. I cut the tags out of patterned paper, I think from the 6x6 pad.

I also made a non-themed page about our one and only snow day we've gotten in my teaching career.
(OK, there was another snow day, but I was at a workshop, so I feel that didn't count!)


  

 


 

You would never know looking at this page that the papers come from a beach collection! Awesome flexibility.

(Trivia note: the sledding hill is right above the beach in the first page. If you look in the distance in the big snow photo, you can see the umbrella skeletons.  I love that these two pages are in the same place but two different seasons.)

And here's a card:


I'm not really a cardmaker, but I love this one. And can I also say how nice the Stampin' Up! baker's twine looks with this collection? I used it on every page.

If you like this collection, please visit The Scrap Review to leave a comment by midnight Friday EST for a chance to win the collection! Sorry, US residents only for this giveaway.

Back soon with a post on scrapping events or moments without photos.

7 comments:

Aliza said...

Your use of the tags, and large photos is awesome, really.

Moongirl said...

I was excited to see that this morning! I love all your projects, but then again, I always do. I especially love the tag borders.

Monika Wright said...

Your layouts are always so inspiring and full of good stories, Jennifer. Awesome as usual!

alisonm said...

Wow, Jennifer! It cracks me up, but I saw the LO on Pinterest and knew it was yours! I love when you use those huge photos.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Love it!!! The large photo is so fun and I really like your tags and "bucket list" title! A fun layout! I'm with Alison, love your large photo layouts!!

Marg Van Patten said...

Oh my! You have been one busy gal! Both layouts are incredible. I always love your detailing. And the card? ... well, you can't tell me you're NOT a cardmaker ...that's so lovely! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

BabyBokChoy said...

These really are absolutely gorgeous projects!!!Your card is exquisite!!