Monday, April 2, 2012

Patterned paper bits

This is my last GCD Studios post. I had a wonderful year with the team, and I am so excited to share the wonderful products in this line.

I'd like to share a technique I used recently to dress up a page with lots of patterned paper bits.

The spring here in Minnesota has been so gorgeous, I felt the need to scrap some spring photos. I pulled an unscrapped photo from last year--remember last winter and how welcome spring was?--and paired it with with the lovely Bonjour line. I was inspired by these papers:

The blues and greens are lovely spring colors that I can use on a page about my boys. The colors made me want  to pull out some mists and use them too.

First, I set up the layout of the page. I grabbed a template from Pink Paislee to make the background:

Next, I misted over the template in light blue.

I wanted to use two other colors of mist, but only inside the template. To cover the paper above and below the template, I taped some wax paper to it, then misted with green and brown:


Next, I added some patterned paper strips. I also wanted to add patterned paper to the misted circles, so I used the misting template to trace and cut a scrap paper template. I used this scrap paper template to trace and cut out small pieces of patterned paper to glue over some misted spots.

Finally, I added some other shapes and brads just because.


Here's what the final page looked like:


I hope you enjoy using your templates to add a fresh mix of patterned paper to your page in little bitty doses!

3 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

You are amazing, Jennifer. Wowser, this is just so creative and the color combo and technique is so perfect. Love it.

Moongirl said...

I love this! Awesome misting and I love the PP bits you added.

Ladyofthelake318 said...

That's incredible -- great layout!