Here's one thing I do every year: my page of my favorite photos:
I started doing this layout after an inspiring blog post by Stacy Julian; she suggested we spend 15 minutes not thinking too much, scrolling through the photos of the previous year, selecting our favorites, and putting them on a LO. I used this template designed by Barb Wong. I've done this for the past three years. It's awesome. This is the first page in my Project 12 albums.
Sometimes I think we put too much pressure on ourselves. We think if something is done the same as what we've done before, we're being unoriginal. I quarrel with that. We're creating, and one thing that creators do involves repetition, especially repeated style. Why reinvent the wheel? When we see a particular design of ad, for example, we know the company that produces it. That's good. So if my family sees the same design in every vacation album, that's OK; it signals the familiar, which is comforting.
It's OK if we repeat ourselves, especially if we love it. If you love it, do it again!
Here's some of the pages I do every year:
- Birthdays (of course)
- 5 Vacation Favorites (a mini album I do every year after vacation)
- Thankful (a Thanksgiving LO)
- A year-in-review page
- Getting off the school bus (my first day of school page)
- Catch (this is a big thing with my husband and the boys)
- Black Friday (We go to the Mall of America. It's a big thing.)
- Vacation album (I use the same design every year)
- A 2-page Christmas/December spread
- Jedi Eggs (Easter dyeing)
- Christmas card photo spread
- Easter family photo
What pages do you do every year?