Tuesday, August 16, 2011

5 Vacation Faves

It's been a few weeks since we got back from our South Dakota vacation, and though I have yet to even think about scrapping this vacation, I did have to get something done: my 5 Vacation Faves album.

This is a tradition for me. On our way back from vacation, I ask each family member what their 5 favorite things from vacation were. I record them, then put them into a mini albu. Here are some past ones with a sample page from each I'm showing:


This one was from Disneyworld last year.


This was from Olympic National Park two years ago.

And here's what I did this year:


I used an OLD Autumn Leave file folder, lined it with patterned paper, and decorated the cover with Stuff. I used GCD Studios The Great Outdoors for the paper and wood grain chipboard letters and October Afternoon Campfire for the stickers.

Here's what the inside looked like:





I selected 4x6 photos with white space on the side, one of each family member. I then backed each 4x6 photo with patterned paper, stamped some journaling spots, and used the white space for each family member's list. Plus some goodies.

I can't encourage you enough to make a mini like this the next time you come back from vacation. If you do, please post a link to share!

5 comments:

sollie said...

What a wonderful way to document your vacation. Should keep that in mind.
xxx Isolde

alisonm said...

I love this idea! So much to think about.

Valerie said...

This is great Jenny - I love the idea of a page per family member. I'm going to make one after our Disney trip in October. Thanks for sharing this!

Jenni said...

i love this jenny! what a great (and quick-ish) way to get favorite memories in an album!! fabulous idea!

clmk523 said...

Great idea! I think I'll try it for our camping vacation next week!