Wednesday, July 20, 2011
CHA: My favorites day 2
Hey, I'm still in Chicago, having spent a long but fun day walking the floors again at CHA. I thought I'd share some more of my favorites from the places we went today. (Click on the images to see them larger.)
1. Simple Stories Baby Steps. I am not much for themed paper--it's limiting, for one--but I love how this line is so versatile. It's delicate without being too delicate, and it could be used equally well for boys and girls.
2. Claudine Hellmuth acrylic paint. These hand-held containers are the size of Stickles making for easy (and I suspect for cleaner) paint application.
Here's something cool: the newer Ranger containers (don't quote me on which ones) have a little scanner-bar code thingy (sorry, not technical) you can scan with your smart phone to access videos on how to use the color supplies. Great idea!
3. Lily Bee Memorandum. I like the cool, neutral quality of this line. Plus the teeny letter stickers (not shown) are divine.
4. Fancy Pants Summer's End and Off to School. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these collections. Summer's End is a lighter, less intense fall line heavy on aqua. Check out these colorful coffee filters:
And these gorgeous papers:
Off to School is a terrific school line. I will probably get it all. Here's some of the papers:
And these chalkboard-ish sticker sheets:
5. Hero Arts/Sizzix cobranding. What a great idea to sell the stamps with the dies to cut them out.
6. Jillibean Soup Homemade 6 Bean Soup and Sweet and Sour Soup. These papers were SO cute. Check out the blue paper, which was used as a frame:
And I love this typewriter paper, which leaves a little space for you to write a little note if you wanted to cover what's in the typewriter!
7. Bella Blvd. Finally Fall and Making the Team. The lines are so cute, and the colors mesh nicely with past lines. They also include the hot color from the show, deep teal. I love that the lines have a skinny set of stickers in addition to the 12x12 sheet of stickers:
The black paper in this line is one of my favorites from the entire show: it has quotations about sports that are so inspiring.
10. Crafter's Workshop templates. I know, I know, these were my favorites last time, but I like the new lines done in partnership with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, shown below:
If I were forced upon pain of death to choose favorites, it would be the two on the top row, far right. But I feel like I'm picking favorites with my children. So don't make me do it.
Thanks for spending time looking at some of my favorite products. Tomorrow I'll share some of my favorite projects.