Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Submerged in photo editing

Since I have some upcoming crops and deadlines, I am trying to use spring break to select and edit photos, a harder task when I am a single parent (Derick is in Colorado). Specifically, I am working on the following:

  1. picking photos for Rowan and Dominic's school albums (a la Stacy Julian and Cathy Zielske)
  2. editing August 2010
  3. putting together a digital template for a photo collage for my Disney photos
  4. finding and printing Halloween photos.

My progress? I have accomplished task 1 for Rowan through April.

I think it's time consuming because working with masses of photos for extended periods of time makes my computer turn into a 90-year-old getting ready to walk a marathon. I have a fast computer, but it has limits still. So I need patience. And a marathon of Bones on DVD to relax me.

Here's a LO I completed before my mojo got sucked into PSE 7:




I took this photo with Rowan, thinking sometime he would like to see what he cuddled with every night.

The products come from Studio Calico's February kit Candy Shoppe. I felt motivated to use that kit, since I have a lot of March still and I am about to get April. This LO is probably my last with the kit. I got about 12 pages from the kit.

The photo was taken when I took these photos:

I got the idea for this page when I saw this postage stamp:

Yes, I bought postage stamps just so I could use one on a LO. The post office should take note: they could make a bucketload marketing to scrapbookers! The stamp made me think of my blond boy with wild hair and mischievous tendencies, who also has a stuffed tiger. Perfect combo.

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

would love to find out how much photo editing you do and what kind! LOVE both layouts and I totally love using postage stamps on layouts, I buy them for that purpose too, of course, what i meant is that i have bought but i have never used yet, lol!!!

alisonm said...

5 seasons of Bones on DVD, snow in the forecast, Roy and DS#1 going to Conn. For a week, wanna come and play in Maine?

Sue Althouse said...

Love your layouts and that stamp is too funny! Sorry about the computer headaches. I have the same problem and patience is not one of my strong points.

Keshet said...

Love both of these, but the second layout especially! I love how you outlined the journaling strips. I hate computer headaches too!