Saturday, March 12, 2011

Me right now

On my birthday this year I took the boys to taekwondo. Dominic had been having a tough time at school, so I did what I usually do when he has a tough time: I make a list of what I'm grateful for. Since I turned 39 this January, and that night was my birthday, I made a list of 39 things I was grateful for. That list sat in my notebook for a couple months until I pulled it out and made this LO (click on the images to see them larger):



I pulled a photo of myself to pair with this page. Actually, Dominic took the photo as we were waiting for his recital a week after I made the list. I discovered that night the best way to break him out of a funk is to hand him my camera and let him take pictures. Derick did that the other night with him on his way to violin lessons. He handed over his iPhone and let Dominic take pictures, inlcuding this one, which Dominic called the "Explosion" picture:



I think it's gorgeous. I hope that by taking pictures, he can get a sense of the world from a variety of perspectives.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I love LOs like this. I do them all the time ;-)
Great photo too!
And I love your coping mechanism. I should try that myself.

DanaMK said...

Great LO! Love the flowers and buttons. I think that's a fabulous idea for your son to work through tough times. Art, no matter its form, is so therapeutic.

BabyBokChoy said...

You'll be perfect for that Jilibean dt, i hope you are applying!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your page Jenny!
I didn't know our birthdays were 10 days apart ;-)

Vive les Capricornes!!