Friday, August 13, 2010

New layouts

I am planning on writing about writing (ha) tomorrow, but thought I'd post some recent layouts from the past week first:

This one is a little inspiration from Big Picture Scrapbooking's Big Idea Festival, day 1. A recap of my boys' imaginative summer. I've been drawn to bright colors lately, esp. on white.

Also a Big Picture inspiration, a challenge to scrap how we learned. I learn by doing, and that inspired me to remind myself that my son, who is autistic, has trouble processing oral directions, so I need to be sensitive to that as I help him learn.

Next is a layout for my son's album. When we were in Disneyworld, he was able to go to a Lego store with his allowance from the last year--he got a Star Wars spaceship, little green army dudes Legos, and a Lego game. Plus his dreams fulfilled. I love the center shot with his leg perched against the other. Thinking, thinking...

I'm moderately dissatisfied with this one--I wonder if it's cohesive? I love the sentiment and the title, though, as well as those old Sassafras papers. And I love this picture of us. You can do a lot of good self-portraits using the extend-a-arm technique.


This was for a sketch challenge at Studio Calico. When this event happened, I immediately thought of a page. Is that bad?

2 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

I'm catching up with blog reading,love love love loooooooove these!!!!!

Diana said...

Would it that I had your creativity and inspiration right now... these LOs are fab.
I love the one with all the white (black lol) space especially.
I also wrote about writing recently, titled it "why I write" partly in homage to Orwell's essay not that I fancy myself anywhere near in his league or anything lol and then I did a LO about it too.