Friday, October 9, 2009

Inspired by colors

Sometimes I create layouts based on colors I see around, mostly in my shopping cart. One time I put some varied papers I liked in a cart at scrapbook.com. After they came, I thought they would look good in a layout together, so I made this:


Since they looked so warm, I made a warm layout about my boys not fighting this summer. A rare treat from this past summer, let me tell you.

Another time I went scrap shopping at a local store, Scrapbooks Too. They were having a sale on Pixie Stix glitter, so I picked out the masculine glitter. And darn they looked good together, so I used them on this layout:


I stamped with a glue pad (which works a lot better when you put the glue on the pad, LOL!), then spread the glitter on. I put the glitter into a funnel, then poured it back in. And to remove the glitter from myself, I stood outside on a windy day.

I am in process on another layout. I have a roll of American Crafts ribbon with the days of the week on them. Inspired by the color, I pulled paper and elements thinking about making a layout about what our family does every week.


To make it even better, I have some leftover calendar paper from Flair designs. I'm not overly frugal (some of you know my stash), but if I get more than one use out of patterned paper, job well done.

2 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi Jennifer,
What a wonderful post, I've enjoyed reading about your creative process and you're absolutely right, sometimes colors just come together in a very unique way, harmony is always right around the corner, it's up to us to capture it.
How exciting to hear you're coming to Chi-Town!
Any chance we could meet for coffee?
Please feel free to email me, I'd love to help you any way I can!

alexandra s.m. said...

so sorry I was thinking about what you had written and I forgot to comment on your beautiful pages.
1. I love that first one
2. I think your use of glitter is amazing and I always enjoy your use of "non-traditionally masculine" embellies.