Monday, February 20, 2017

Scrap retreat: Single page layouts

Hello! It's been a busy month: two birthdays (mine included), plus the research paper at school where I comment on the process writing multiple times (collecting the final drafts right now), plus my eldest registering for high school. Sigh. So I'm going back a month to share some pages I made at a scrap retreat back when it was cold. I'm focusing on the single pages first.

This first one celebrates Mother's Day, plus the fact that I get to spend the day with my boys watching superhero moves every year (thanks, Marvel--for real!):


At the retreat I brought my Project Life cards to make a hole in my stash. It worked!

Next is a page about my eldest's birthday last year:


I found I was more inspired to scrap when I got regular product in the mail, so I subscribed to Ali Edwards' story kit. You can see some of the product on this page, plus the glorious chipboard floppy disk photo frame that I finally had a use for.

Next a page about my son attending summer camp at Leonardo's Basement, a terrific place that focuses on science, art, and social skills:


The arrow was from the Ali Edwards kit, part of a pad of shaped paper. I find it easier to work with when I mount it on white cardstock (it's see through otherwise), though you can still see the edges a bit. Sigh. Love this older Heidi Swapp architechture paper on this page.

Another page about my younger boy, with his favorite shirt from last year (try not to be mesmerized):


When your son comes home with a recipe he wants to make, it must be done.

Another scrap weekend from last spring with my talented friend Tina:


At this latest scrap retreat I challened myself to use long-neglected products in my stash. Here you see a mask and some mist, along with my circle cutters, which are dying (Farewell, Coluzzle. I loved thee well.)

And a page about a funny story at the Arboretum last summer:


I used lots of girly products on this page, since it was about nature. I think the wood gran and print paper as the background subdue it enough for a boys' page.

Finally, what may be my favorite:


A few years ago we went to the Boston Aquarium. When there, the boys and I had fun trying on some funky fish hats. At the Sea Life Aquarium at the Mall of America last year, we did the same, so I put them together on this page. On this scrap retreat weekend, we made a jaunt up to Pine City to the Scrapbooking Company, where I got this nautical product. I thought of using it for our last trip to Maine, but I cracked it open and used it for this page. So glad I did!

Thank you for checking out my pages! So, so sorry about the neglected blog this past month. Soon I'll be sharing my two-page spreads, plus my March pages for Simple Scrapper.

No comments: