Monday, November 28, 2016

Finishing details: sewing on a layout

Since my sons have gotten interested in RPG, I've wanted to scrap about their interest, particularly my youngest, who is particularly obsessed. I took some photos and put them together on this page:


I used some old travel paper from Basic Grey, plus a few other random ephemera from the travel bucket of supplies, but it still looked unfinished. That's when I decided to add some sewing. Here's the final page:


Hard to see, but I added some machine stitching, on the top, left, and right, plus on the letter stickers. Here's some details:


I often like stitching down border edges and letter stickers. I've also started stitching down photos as well, on both sides of the page for balance.


A funny story about that cluster of embellishments:I lost the bottom photo while I was scrapbooking. I eventually found it in the bucket of vacation patterned paper, but until then, I stuck down the top photo and put down some cork arrows, figuring I could lift them up and slide the lost photo under it. The reality, though? Cork doesn't unstick well. It actually crumbles. So I had to try to remove crumbles of cork, then figure out how to cover it up. I used a border sticker, some other cork, and a few embellishing stickers. Plus stitching, of course.

That's my page, without stitching and with! It is hard to see but I like the texture it adds. Do you sew on your pages?
SaveSave

No comments: