Monday, June 29, 2015

July pages for Scrapbook Circle

This July kit from Scrapbook Circle is seriously my favorite kit. I found the products to be so inspiring and easy to use. Here are the pages I made this month:


When I love a photo, I enlarge it and scrapbook on it, which I did on this page. The wonky hearts on one of the pieces of paper made me think of butterflies, so I fussy cut them, sewed them down, and bent the heart like wings.



Next is a funny story about my dog. If you know me or have read my blog for a while, you know I love Star Wars. Here Lola got her very own Wookiee. I picked papers from a 6x6 pad in the add-on 2 that were bright and Star-Warsy, distressed the edges, and layered them on top of each other to act as a photo mat.


The puffy Stickers might have been my favorite embellishment. And lo! A dog hair made it onto the page. Drat.



I used my embossing buddy to remove the stick from the letter stickers and added the letters to the page with dimensional stickers. I also trimmed the words "Happy Day" to separate them and to remove vellum so it took up less space.


Then a page about my son and his gardening help. I put it together on this aqua paper because it had ghost words and images dealing with gardening. Once I was done, though, I decided that it needed more texture (I always figure that out when I'm done), so I sewed along the lines where the shade changes. On the bottom I had to do it by hand because I'd already adhered elements over the lines. Drat.





Finally, a page with a big story about my younger son. I kept the design simple to focus on the story and give it the weight it needed.




Thank you for checking out my pages! I truly loved working with these products--they were easy to use, fun, and versatile. Go visit Scrapbook Circle and check out this month's kits!

No comments: