Saturday, May 24, 2014

Scrapping a little in the busy season

I'm in the final stretch for the school year. In the month of May I've been grading like a madwoman, and with two weeks left I have very little grading left to do. On top of that, spring finally came, and I have some major plant-splitting that has to happen in my gardens. As a result, I had to slow down on scrapbooking. Here's a favorite page I made recently, though:


I had printed this photo a while ago off Jezebel on a post about the most common names across the decades. I kept the photo sitting around for a while, not sure what to do with it, then I saw a story starter for Simple Scrapper, and my inspiration came. I used an old sketch from Simple Scrapper as well.

Since this was a page about me, I used a lot of girly supplies from my March Studio Calico kit. Here's some details:



Thank you for checking out my page! I'll share another page I made Monday. (Two pages in May--that's how busy I've been! I hope to get more productive soon--I'm going scrapbooking with some girlfriends tomorrow and in a couple weekends.)

4 comments:

Linda said...

This is such a wonderful layout, Jennifer! I love the story you've told!

Michelle said...

Great page!! It is a great story too. I went to the link to see what the names was for the late 60's when I was born. It wasn't my name, as I was surprised to find. When I was in high school, there were so many with the same name. My Algebra class, there were 6 of us, all with our last names at the end of the alphabet, all sitting in the one corner of the room.

Jen Strange said...

I'm a 1979 Jennifer. My first Girl Scout troop had 4 Jennifers out of 10 girls. Ridiculous.

At the doctor's office, I hesitate to answer to "Jennifer?" when the nurse calls out, because I figure it's someone else!!!

Sandra said...

I LOVE the title of your page. Also all the pink and girly-ness.

That is a cool Web site. Alas, Sandra has never taken over the country but there were a few in my school. Only had one Jennifer in my class though. So Sandra's beat you out in my class in my little town.