Wednesday, April 23, 2014

And now for a little scrapbooking about me...

The major gap in most scrapbookers albums is supposedly themselves. Not me. I love scrapbooking my life now and in the past, Here's a couple pages I made recently about myself and my loves. Here's the first:




I used a sketch by Simple Scrapper. to document my trip to the local cupcake shop Nadia Cakes. I loved the circles, and I loved using girly colors for once, though I'm not typically fond of pink. I kept the embellishing simple, but I stitched a lot. Sketches are basically lines, so why not make some of the lines in sketches just that, lines?

Here's the next page about me--and someone I love.




I used a journaling prompt and sketch from Simple Scrapper for this one as well. Last year I showed a picture of Rowan in his Harry Potter Halloween costume to a friend, She looked at it, laughed, and told me he was my Mini-Me. I thought of that quote when I made this page, as well as my mother-in-law years ago telling me that Rowan had my chin and a friend telling me Rowan had my eyes. Thought I'd scrap the resemblance. I loved making a quilt on this page, BTW, since it's really about our quilted genes.

Thanks for checking out my pages! I hope they give you ideas for scrapping yourself.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Love them both. A new way to use circles. I'm going to steal that.

I have often thought that photos of you as a child look just like Rowan. Love that you scrapped it.