Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Random pages

A few weeks ago a went on a scrapbooking retreat with some girlfriends. There's a scrap house you can rent for the weekend in a city called Nowthen (no lie), and we decided to scrap together before the polar vortex would keep us inside for days.

When I go to a crop, I go with a goal and a dream. My goal for this trip was to use up my last Studio Calico kit before my new kit came and to finish at least one page for Fancy Pants Designs. I basically met both goals: I finished all but two pages from my kit and made two pages for Fancy Pants.

I have already shared the fishing pages and Thanksgiving page I made there. Here's some of the rest of the pages I made:




To do the title on this page, I lay some old American Crafts letter stickers down, inked around them using a sponge, then removed the letters.  I like the frosty look.


I was happy to work with such bright colors in such gloomy weather. This last one was a funny story. The title comes from what my son wrote on the computer. Here's a close up:


Hopefully, you found the description of the butterflies as dramatic as I did. :-)

Thank you for letting me share these random pages from the crop! I will share the Fancy Pants pages later this week--they're about wintertime, and this week the weather should be warm enough to handle it, LOL!

No comments: