The gallery highlights our go-to designs. I have a few I tend to use, so I picked one and made a page. I used a Studio Calico kit (June?) and added embellishments from my stash. Here it is:
And the details:
I added the bow not because I love bows, but because I screwed up the stitching and needed to cover it. I tend to do that with red thread, for some reason. It never gets the proper tension.
I describe what I tend to do in the gallery. Here it is again:
1) I house the photos on a block of patterned paper that stretches across the page.
2) Strips of patterned paper frame the block.
3) The title is highlighted by a cluster of embellishments.
4) I journal on strips that are inked on the edges.
5) Embellishments are clustered on opposite corners of the page.
Other things I tend to do? Lining or blocking things, stitching around things or stitching them down, the visual triangle, and layering embellishments.
Thank you for checking out my page! Now head over to the WCS August gallery and check out the pages and read about what the designers tend to do. You'll find it very helpful; I know I did. You'll also find lots of cool pages to pin. Have fun! And tell me: what are some of your go-to techniques?