Monday, July 29, 2013

5 Vacation Faves 2013

Every year I make a mini album of vacation immediately after coming home. I ask everyone in the family what their 5 vacation faves are, and that becomes the album. This year I started keeping last year's albums on the coffee table, so Dominic in particular couldn't wait to assemble his favorites list.


Here is this year's mini album:



I used Pebbles Lakeside collection for the bulk of the mini, plus some October Afternoon letter stickers in two collections (there are not enough 1s and 2s in just one collection) and a random 5 from my Thickers collection. The mini itself is a pocket album from Graphic 45. (It was pretty hard to tie the album shut--only one string, and one end was bound to the cover.) I unbound the album from the rings and removed one envelope page (I only needed 4 plus covers) then rebound it after I'd adhered all the patterned paper and used my fingertip exacto to cut out holes for the rings. I planned on putting the journaling in the pockets.

Each page contained a photo of each family member. I cut them into circles to make them fit in the album (plus, this year I forgot to have a photo taken of me solo, so I cut out the other people in my photo. May I be forgiven that.). I added some embellishments around the photo and one to the facing page.



  


Dominic's photo was tricky: I wanted to include the cup, which was actually a can we used as a cup while backpacking. To do so made the circle extend beyond the photo, so I trimmed a circle from the patterned paper and used it to complete the circle.

And the journaling I made on cardstock with my favorite Hero Arts journaling stamp; I backed it with a really cool piece of camping paper from Pebbles and made it into a tag by trimming two corners.


ETA: This journaling card belongs to one of my boys. I didn't swim in my underwear. :-)

Thank you for looking at my mini album! This is one of my favorite projects that I make, I think because I get everyone to provide the journaling so it's not just from my perspective. I encourage you to consider this kind of journaling, even if it's not for a mini, even if it's for a topic other than vacation.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I think I need to do this. Or at least a page. Not a mini album maker. Such a neat idea. Love all of your Mini's!!

Jen said...

adorable mini Jennifer! Love the idea too! :)

Danielle said...

I just adore this yearly project that you do!!