I love using the sketches to get me started on scrapping. Two recent books, Travel Sketches and One-Page Sketches Volume Two have been particularly inspiring.
I used the sketch from the one-page book:
to make this layout:
Yes, it's a two-pager. I love that about the Sketch Support sketches: they are inspirational enough to give me ideas but flexible enough to allow for easy changes. Here's what each page looks like:
I chose a big, dramatic print for the left side and added a few pictures to the left like I did on the right to bookend the spread.
That's me with my bunny ears and on the beach. Many, many years ago.
I mainly used October Afternoon's Boarding Pass collection. The grey stripe is from Dear Lizzy Neapolitan. I also used a grey ink pad, Jenni Bowlin Weather Vane, to ink the edges of most of the papers, since the papers were of a similar hue and I wanted those papers to stand out when they were layered. I also added some stitching around the main photo. I couldn't get the corners straight, darn it, but that's not a mistake, that's just whimsy.
So here's a little about me:
- How long have you been scrapbooking? I have been scrapping for 10 years, since I was pregnant with my first son.
- Why did you start scrapbooking? Archiver's had just opened in my town, and I took a scrapbooking class to do something with the photos from my first 4 years of marriage. After I finished with them, I was hooked.
- What is your favorite time of day to scrapbook? After my boys go to bed.
- How often do you scrapbook? A little bit every day!
- Where do you scrapbook/what does your space look like? I scrap in an easy chair in my living room on a lap desk. I like it. I can be near the family when I create.
- When I'm not scrapbooking you can find me...in a high school teaching English, in my garden, jogging, or reading a book.
- What is your favorite thing about using sketches? When I don't have to stress about design, I am free to play around with other creative elements like paint, mist, stitching, and so on. love that.
- What is your favorite sketch from Sketch Support? This two page sketch from June last year was awesome. I found it easy to adjust for the photo sizes and numbers that I needed.
If you want a chance to win a copy of One-page Sketches volume two and Travel Sketches, leave a comment telling me something that makes you happy, just because it's always good to think about that! I will leave comments open until 8 P.M. CST Monday, April 16, then I will select winners!
After commenting here, visit Allison's blog to round out the blog hop--you're almost there!
Thank you for visiting my blog--I hope you make this a regular stop!