Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Goofy and Happy

I wanted to share a page I made recently that I love.

First, I had some wonderful photos of our trip to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, a wonderful and free museum in the Twin Cities.  A docent marked up a map for us of all the boy friendly art, and we went on an adventure finding it all. The boys acted goofy the whole way. Here's the page:


I designed it a little differently. Normally on a two page LO, I box it into a mat or spread it across the page, but that design felt a bit staid to me, so I put the photos instead in three clusters across the spread. Underneath each cluster I misted, then laid some strips of my favorite GCD Studios paper from last year,  The World's Greatest. I also cut frames out of one side of the paper and housed images I punched from the MIA map we'd used.

 I was very happy to use some older Jenni Bowlin letter stickers on the layout. I actually used up the sheet--no more e's and a's, so out it went! I stitched over it in orange for interest, then added some cross stitches under the hand cut banner.


I stretched the journaling over the two pages to move the eye across the page.

This was a layout I smiled the whole time making. Most happily for me, my boys kept coming over and looking at the photos then the journaling, and they both asked when we could go again. We decided we'd go in February when Grandma D comes.

Another thing making me happy: looking forward to playing with this paper line:


GCD Studios is releasing Heidi Sonboul's first line, Oh Happy Day! Maybe because it finally started to feel (and look!) like winter here in Minnesota,  I can't wait to play with these happy, happy colors and patterns. One image of a girl, but don't let that turn you off if you have boys: the patterns are happy and playful, and boys are happy and playful too. Awesomeness!

3 comments:

Keshet said...

This is such a fun page design, Jenni!

Connie said...

Love the way you included portions of the map on your layout!

BabyBokChoy said...

You always have such wonderful and unique 2-page designs, another lovely layout!!