Sunday, January 1, 2012

Favorites of 2011

The year year is here, and I wanted to share some of my favorite layouts from last year.

Three I can't post because they were picked up for publication. One I'm not sure will be published--it was for the February CK, but that's out and it's not in? That happens sometimes. That LO used a sketch from Sketch Support and was called "A Year of Date Nights."

The other two were layouts that I knew would get picked up for publication after I made them. I don't get that feeling all the time, but this time I did. They are called "Open Sky" and "He's Got Goals," and they should be in the May Scrapbook Trends.

Here's the rest:










(ETA: Just noticed a number fell off, goshdarnit! The missing number is 6.)

Some things I noticed about these pages:
  1. Most have stitching in some way.
  2. Most also have color--paint or ink or mist.
  3. Most have circles--within in the design or in the photos. Funny, because I'm still so linear!
  4. Strips of patterned paper--I'm still a stripper, LOL!
  5. Lots of patterned paper; also white space.
  6. Most of the time, something overlaps a photo.
  7. Border punches or fussy cut borders.
Thanks for looking at my favorites from last year--hoping everyone has a terrific new year!

8 comments:

DanaMK said...

Great choices! I still think that "Hanging In There" is one of my favourites.

Anonymous said...

I just love your LOs - thanks so much for sharing them! I esp. like that each page tells a great story! - Erin in Germany

Diana said...

Funny faces & Serenity are my faves here.
Congrats on the pubs!

BabyBokChoy said...

have you gotten paid for that layout that's supposed to be in Feb issue of ck? they switched to 6 issues a year, so there was a bunch of reshuffling.

I've admired all of these throughout 2011 and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful and inspiring creations in the upcoming year!!!!!

Lisa said...

These are all so lovely. I love the details that makes these so "you". You have such a distinctive style and you know that I love it!

Unknown said...

Great choices! Your "hang in there" page has always been one of my favorites of yours. Your work is truly gorgeous and inspiring!

Aliza said...

These are all great. I love the serenity layout. And, I hate when my letters fall off!

Steffanie said...

Great selections! I especially love the last one. Congrats on the publications!